Thursday, July 14, 2005

Yet Another Update

Girlfriend Status: Still Pending Approval The second round of interviews was question and answer. Rapid fire questions… all the hard ones you hope to avoid during interviews. "What are your talents?" "What are your expectations of me? What role do you want me to play in your life?" "Why do you want to be my "boyfriend"? What do you hope to gain from the change in terminology?" "Are you aware of the serious drawbacks to acquiring this position?" "What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? Anyway, I answered all of these questions (and more) to the best of my abilities. I have been led to believe that I have progressed further than many of the previous applicants so I am anticipating a third interview, which would involve being introduced to a family member and a thorough background check. I’ll keep you all posted.

2 Comments:

At 7/21/2005 02:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

from an e-mail...terribly true...you may want to watch out how you frame these convos. but you've probalby got it all in the bag by now, eh? haha

"A woman has a close male friend.
This means that he is probably interested in her,
which is why he hangs around so much.
She sees him strictly as a friend.

This always starts out with: "You're a great guy, but
I don't like you in that way."

This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to
a job interview and the company saying:

You have a great resume.
In fact, you have all the qualifications we are looking for.
But we're not going to hire you.

We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants.

Instead of you, we'll hire somebody who is far less qualified, has no work ethic at all, and is probably an alcoholic.
And if he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else...

But still not you.
In fact, we will *never* hire you.

But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired."

 
At 7/26/2005 02:24:00 AM, Blogger Nippons Boy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?