Thursday, March 17, 2005

Thoughts on popularity

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -Lester Bangs (Almost Famous)- I like that movie.. today was very uncool. However, it's nice to know that I made fun of cool kids in highschool. At that point in my life, however, I had a girlfriend and what I felt was an amazingly solid, core group of friends ever. Ironically, now that I feel "cool" I have neither a girlfriend or a solid/cohesive group of friends. Come to think of it... maybe today was a step in the right direction. If I can only get to be as uncool as I was in highschool... then maybe, just maybe... the girlfriend and solid group of friends will follow suite. *fingers crossed* Ok.. enough sulking... all sulking on Aaron's blog will cease forthwith... so it is said, so shall it be done. Aaron's word is law. (Note: Aaron is always awesome when ruling third world countries... it's like the first commandment of Aaron's Third World Legal System) Another note: I have awesome friends... I just miss group outings /activities. I need a group to drink with... it doesn't help that I'm really picky who I hang out with.. that doesn't make it any easier. BLEH... why is the post getting so long?! I'm starting to babble here... this has got to stop. *Aaron Stops typing and presses the Publish Post key*

1 Comments:

At 3/21/2005 09:05:00 AM, Blogger Brian said...

I'm glad you decided to stop sulking before I even had to tell you to stop sulking on your blog. Good call. In the meantime, if you want to get uncool in order to get that stability back, here's a short list of things you can do to get more uncool. I'll think of more.

1.Stay in the Star Wars line with me/go to the Star Wars Celebration in Indianapolis. This forges an instantaneous and indellible bond between you and about the thousands of other people who know exactly who Kenny Baker is. The thing is, it's not enough to just casually like Star Wars, because liking it on its own is actually cool.

2.Start liking Star Trek. Now, this one I can't really endorse. But, for real. Anything more than a purely casual interest in Star Trek is terribly, unifyingly nerdy.

3.Stop bathing regularly and wear as much free clothes as possible. Now, when I say "free clothes" I dont mean "I bought these at banana republic with my dad's money." No offense, but shopping at Banana Republic will NEVER get you friends. Make 'em real, free clothes that you get for talking to army recruiters and, if possible, working for Tony's Pizza for a week. Trust me, this works.

Okay, that's all I've got for now, on account of it's time to figure out whether you and I are getting lunch. Adios.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?