Monday, March 14, 2005

ooh, shiny!

Ok.. I seriously would love to go here. Apparently in Zurich they have opened up a restaurant where guests are served and eat in a pitch black dining room and are served by blind waitresses. I think this is one of the coolest ideas I've heard in a long, long time. Apparently, the place has been booked solid for monthes since it opened... so why aren't we seeing more of these things? I'm really serious about this... I think this calls for a dinner party. If somebody wants to try hooking something like this up.... let me know

4 Comments:

At 3/15/2005 06:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, the novelty of disabilities never grows stale for me.
now if only they made a resturant where you couldn't use your hands or feet cause it was staffed by quadraplegics. Or, or...one where you you didn't know who or where you were and it was staffed by incontinent, senile old people. Now that'd be apettizing!

Is this really a good thing though? I mean, it's cool that blind people are most of the staff, but it seems to make a novelty out of a handicap.
I must be getting old if something like this seems a bit cruel to me.

~Ron "I don't want to be old!" Wendt

 
At 3/15/2005 12:39:00 PM, Blogger shannon said...

ummmmm...

food? (my turn to pay)

full metal alchemist (i really like it)

 
At 3/15/2005 02:57:00 PM, Blogger shannon said...

ps: did you know my mom is blind. she could hook us up with some kick ass food. oh and her boyfriend is blind too. i have half the staff living in my house!

 
At 3/15/2005 09:22:00 PM, Blogger Nippons Boy said...

Ron... here's more about hanicaps and novelties...

http://www.creativegrowth.org/gallery/featured.html

The artwork at this site was created by a downs syndrome patient who didn't even have the mental capacity to grasp the concept of art. Kinda interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?